Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) is a one of the most safe, reliable & minimal invasive bariatric surgery or bariatric procedure available for obese people.
Dr Randeep Wadhawan with his team has done many Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) in which he puts instruments through the tiny incision. One of the instruments is a laparoscope having a tool with a tiny camera. With the use of camera one can view inside stomach image displayed on monitor & surgeon uses these tools to tie a band around the top portion of the stomach, leaving a very small space available for food. In result gives a obese person a feeling of full stomach after eating only small quantity of food. In short period only one can reduce substantial weight and this procedure can be adjusted and even reversed depending upon patient’s requirements.
Dr Wadhawan is one of the best Bariatric Surgeon available currently in India, having more than 20 year of experience & done more than 1500 successful Bariatric Surgeries in Delhi
- LAGB (Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding) – Material Silicone (highly biocompatible material)
- LAGB is used to treat severe obesity, having hypertension, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, and arthritis. Other weight loss therapies has not shown long term sucess
- Restrictive procedure.
- Simple & safe Procedure
- No Malabsorption.
- Reversible procedure.
- Only three days in Hospital
- Back to routine physical activity in 5 days.
- Regular follow-up in OPD required for adjustment of Band.
- Mean excess wt.loss at 1 yr of 55 %